Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm Alive!

I’m alive, I am truly. It’s been a very rough few weeks. Sorry I haven’t been blogging. I let you know what I have been up to. sorry if I am too detailed. This is the very short and summed up version.

I have (and still am) been very ill. I have been sort of been bad, I have been trying to self diagnose myself. I don’t hate doctors or hospitals, but for some reason I never can seem to take myself to the doctor. If my kids are sick I am the first one there with them. but me I wait months! Yes I said months. I have been dealing with my symptoms for months!! Yes I know I am crazy. Well, yesterday I had just enough of it so I went to the doctor again. Last month I had went to the doctor and found out I have endometriosis and uterine infection. So my uterus pain is much better now the infection is gone. Yah!!! Yesterday, I had 7 vials of blood taken, and other ‘stuff’ taken to see what my problem is now(well still occurring). She thinks I may have crohns disease or celiac disease or ulcerative colitis. None of which sounds very pleasant at all. If any of my blood work/labs come back ‘bad’ she is referring me directly to a gi doctor. I have learned my lesson, next time when I am sick I am going to the doctor right away. I just pray for an answer so I can start feeling better and leaving my house again. They can’t give me anything or tell me to take any otc medicines, since they have no idea what I have. My doctor told me to not try any types of diets (like cutting gluten out) because if they need to do a colonoscopy or endoscopy then they will need to see my issues inside of me. So until they find answers I have to still suffer…ughh!

Not only have I been dealing with my lovely health issues. My little brother left for Japan. He is in the marines and I miss him dearly. He will be gone for at least 2 years. That’s a really long time. The day before he left he informed me that by the end of the year he will be Afghanistan. That just saddens me. Then the day he leaves my dad asks me not to take my brother to the airport to see him off. My dad wants time with my brother to himself! I was irate! The 8 days he was home my brother stayed with my dad, went a charter fishing trip and other things… so I think they had enough time together!! geez!! So that made me cry even more. My brother wanted to make my Dad happy so he asked me to do lunch before his flight and then Dad would take him to the airport. Of course my Dad came to lunch as well. I am just so irritated by my dad. I mean he stayed with him for 8 days and then asked me to not go to the airport to see him off….I won’t be seeing my brother for at least 2 years if not more. I got to see my brother for a total 5 hours the whole time he was home. Not enough time as far as I am concerned. Well I am done venting for now…lol

Anyways, to wrap things up….lol I won’t be doing menu plans until my test results come in. I maybe going on a very limited diet soon to try to figure out my digestive issues. I just pray the doctor(s) find an answer soon. I don’t want to have to waste my summer in the house. If you feel led to, I would love prayers! Thank you.

4 comments:

amanda said...

totally praying. but i know you know that! danielle has one of the 'colitis'-es. and she was in the hospital for almost 10 days a few years ago, and it was a very scary time. so thank you for going in!! please let me know if you need anything...even just taking the girls or something for a bit. it seriously isn't a big deal...and it makes it easy for me because they all play together anyways. because i'm thinking of it, our stroller is a graco. i do like it. and we fit through door ways all over NYC with it! i'm really sorry you didn't get more time with your brother. i would've been really upset as well!!

Kelli said...

Praying you get some answers soon mama! We are thinking and praying for you!

mittelmommy said...

i too will be praying for you! sorry all this has been going on, none of it sounds fun at all! i'm glad you decided to finally go in!
sorry you did not get to spend more time with your brother while he was here. that would be very hard. my brother has been in germany for a year and i know it's been hard on me. we usually don't talk daily, but are still rather close and usually talk at least once or twice a week and since in germany it's been about once a month. so many times i've wanted to call him to tell him something and couldn't. so hard! i hope you'll still be able to communicate somewhat with him while he's gone. keep us updating on what you find out from the doctor. and if you need anything, feel free to ask! =)
hugs!

-stephanie- said...

Will pray for you. Hope you feel better real quick.

I'm sorry you had to go through all that with your dad and brother. I really, really, really appreciate that your brother is serving his country. I will hold him up in prayer too.