Hi! i hope everyone had a great valentine's day! Nick and I went out to dinner without kids!! My mother in law watched all 3 kids for 3 hours! First time ever and not sure she will do it again. lol not that my kids are naughty or anything she just gets overwhelmed so fast and easy. Nick and I went to this tiny little restaurant and had a good time, we just sat there talking. At first it was a bit weird not tending to one of the kids but it quickly passed. :) i think we definitely need to make more 'date nights' and more time for us. Anyways off to the monday menu plan that i have been slacking at. Here goes:
Monday: Oriental stuffed chicken wings with rice
Tuesday: sweet and sour pork over rice
Wednesday: beef stew over garlic mashed potatoes
Thursday: mac and cheese and hot dog casserole
Friday: something made with fish or maybe we will go out for fish (i havent decided yet)
Nick is gone for the weekend so whatever i have the energy to make is what i am going to make :) I am off to make my grocery list so i can go grocery shopping later for my week! I hope everyone has a good week!
1 comment:
I remember when I was younger, my mom and dad did this thing with another couple where my parents took us to their friends house (who had kids the same age) while they went out to dinner and then a different night in the week their friends would bring their kids to our house while they went on a date night! I think that is so clever and although it could be a lot of kids to handle, at least we had someone to play with and my parents never lost their affection for each other (they've been married for 25 years now) and they also never had to rely on a crazy baby sitter!
Love that you posted your menu! I'm newly married and new to the whole cooking thing, and always looking for new ideas! This will be very helpful : )
I'm Sarah by the way! i found your blog from a mutual blogger friend of ours!
Post a Comment